The purpose of Grace Baptist Church is to honor Jesus Christ as Lord by obeying Him in all things, through worshipping God in spirit and truth (revering Christ), through building up believers in the faith (imitating Christ), through evangelizing the lost in the power of the Spirit (proclaiming Christ).
- Worshipping God in spirit and truth: We express our worship through private, family and corporate devotion to God as prescribed in His Word.
- Building up believers in the faith: We encourages the development of Christian character by teaching God's Word, equipping believers for ministry and by sharing lives together in practical expressions of love.
- Evangelizing the lost in the power of the Spirit: We proclaim the gospel of Christ so that people will repent of sin, trust Christ, follow Him in baptism and join a local church. In doing this, we seek to build relationships with our friends and neighbors, meeting practical needs for the sake of the Gospel.
- For Worship: Since all of life is coram Deo (before the face of God) we emphasize worship as a priority of life, not just something to be done once a week on Sundays. Congregational worship at Grace is intentionally God-centered and guided by the Bible as we try to understand what God Himself has revealed there about the ways that He is to be worshipped.
- For Building Up the Church: In order to grow in our faith as followers of Christ we are committed to disciplining our lives by the Word of God. Teaching the Bible is a high priority at Grace and sound doctrine is very important. We are a confessional church, believing that God's truth should not only be studied and understood but also expressed as clearly as possible. We encourage each other to grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ through fellowship and a commitment to praying with and for each other. At Grace we follow the Reformation model in seeking to be a church that is reformed and always reforming according to the Word of God.
- For Evangelism: At Grace, we are committed to proclaiming the biblical gospel in all its fullness. We proclaim the exclusivity of Christ as Lord, affirm the obligation of everyone to repent and believe the gospel, and call on everyone we have opportunity to evangelize to do so immediately. We are committed to spreading the gospel around the world by cooperating with other churches in supporting missionaries and praying that God will call out from among our membership many who will serve as missionaries.