Resources for Gospel-Driven Sex
This past Sunday, Pastor Tom preached a powerful message on gospel-driven sex. In his message, he mentioned a couple of resources that I want to highlight here and make more accessible to you. The books are:
Beginning from this basis, C. J. Mahaney explores the Bible’s teaching on sex, first setting the topic within its appropriate context: seeking God’s glory in all of life, and particularly in the marriage relationship. Mahaney’s little volume overflows with insightful advice and encouragement to Christian husbands, providing concrete examples of how to love one’s wife as Christ loved the church. The call to husbands is one of joyful and sacrificial love in all aspects of marriage.
Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Life and Mother by Carolyn Mahaney
Carolyn Mahaney identifies with the challenges facing women in today’s world and meets them with the guidance of God’s Word. The feminine virtues described in Titus 2 have transformed her life and the lives of countless other women. This book will show you the appeal of being a woman who lives for God and helps others do the same.
Another resource that I encourage you to check out is a collection of messages from a Desiring God Conference, called Sex and the Supremacy of Christ. Contributors in this book include John Piper, C.J. and Carolyn Mahaney, Mark Dever, and David Powlison.
On a shorter scale, here are some additional articles and sermons on the subject you can check out as well.
* Sexual Relations in Marriage by John Piper
* Satan Uses Sexual Desire by John Piper
* The Goodness of Sex and the Glory of God by Ben Patterson
* How Should a Husband and Wife Manage Having Opposite Sex Drives by John Piper
* It Is Better to Marry Than to Burn With Passion - What Does This Mean? by John Piper
* Sexual Intimacy and the Rights Over a Spouse’s Body in Marriage by John Piper
* A Song of Joy: Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by C.J. Mahaney (MP3)
* Sexuality and the Christian Hope by Tim Keller
* Good Sex, Bad Sex by Mark Driscoll
* 3-part Series on Sex by Matt Chandler